I tend to gravitate toward black and white photos. Politics are not black and white. Emotions are not black and white. But when it comes to pictures, there is a certain truth (at least to me) that is laid bare with black and white images.
The CCC is having a photo contest in October. I know, that is several months away. Part of the exercise is using Photoshop, which is pretty much expected when post processing raw images. Actually, the photographer may also use Lightroom and Elements. I have access to all, but thought I would concentrate on Photoshop first.
I took several photos in Colorado, including the Air Force Chapel. It was an overcast day, and the building structure was primarily a light brown. The only strong color came from the green trees. I processed this as black and white and felt the lines really stood out.
My CCC assignment is to take a photo of anything within one mile of my neighborhood. While obviously this is not in my neighborhood, I am going to look at potential subjects with a grayscale eye.

No comments:
Post a Comment